Tuesday 5 January 2016

Dreaming of the Past.

As I essentially worked through Christmas, and missed it all; in some ways not a bad thing ironically. I am now on annual leave. So you adjust a little, catch up with house chores, spend time with the cat and let you brain drift into flights of fancy. Slightly overslept this morning and my head was full of strange dreams, fixating on the past and more formative years training as a Nurse in Birmingham, my classmates larking around. This was a sad dream because all my friends have moved on and our Hospital which was a mecca for its sense of family, no longer exists.Some of us whom were lucky enough to work in big institutions such as a Victorian Hospital, are privileged to have experienced it, as there all gone now, and there are some 'clever' people whom claim it was just another form of institutionalisation, and if it was, then I strongly suspect there are many of us whom miss it all.

                             

No comments: