Sunday 28 September 2014

British Gas and National Westminster Bank

Lessons for today. Don't get me bleedin started,. I was recently contacted by British Gas to have a free survey on my house with a view to installing free cavity wall insulation. I gladly grabbed the opportunity, and after they 'faffed' about doing there survey, the promptly informed me that it would not be possible. "Strange" I said, the neighbour in the identical house had hes done years ago?. So contacted another company, they came out, did a survey, and will install cavity foam insulation in November. I can see the mechanics of the government saying to these big companies that they should also make a contribution to fuel efficiency; and so British Gas go through the motions, and customers cant help but conclude that its clearly NOT in the gas companies interests to let us insulate our houses. They are already selling the winter cover plans for there central heating systems, and suddenly low and behold, You now have to pay the first £100.00 in the event of a breakdown!!. I can vouch for the fact that this is the average cost of a call out!, they really are pushing the grounds of credibility!.
                                           I am reminded of the unpleasant experience of trying to claim my PPI from National Westminster Bank. I first completed there online form, there response was "we have no records of what you talking about, you don't exist as far as we are concerned", implying that I was naturally the lowest form of life. I was so incensed that I opted for a independent company to pursue my claim with great success ( at a fee of 25% mind you) eventually I received a sort of letter of apology a while later, sort of saying "we hope you are happy with our services". Well I was not, tossers all of em!!!

                                            

No comments: