Sunday 14 September 2014

Nights drawing in...

Don't quite know how I feel this Sunday eve. I lost an adorable Aunt this week, whom I last saw at my mothers funeral. The Moon is waning.  There's a breeze blowing outside, and its feeling chillier these nights. All the kids have shot off to there University's for fresher week, and some parents are feeling as if there homes are a little emptier. Once again the butter is getting harder to spread on my toast in the mornings, and the nights are creeping in on us all again, my waist line is a tad thicker, and its time to put on our dressing gowns; Autumn is most definitely here.
                                                                         We await the Autumn / Winter schedule on our TVs as we bug down for the winter, only to find the usual disappointing crap!, 'Strictly' is full of disappointing nobodies and no more Brucie. Dr Who's producers are dragging there heels ( I really don't know if I can live with a Scottish time lord yet?) so I find myself reverting to my hobbies and the company of my cat. I will tidy off the garden for the winter, dig up the last of my potatoes, declare SORN on my MG and secure her in the garage. Will spend the coming days and nights with my son and my partner contemplating the winter, and the year that is.
                     
   

No comments: